PhD Symposium – CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS PDF Download
The ICWE 2019 PhD Symposium aims to improve the research of PhD students and broaden their perspectives by giving them the opportunity to share and develop their research ideas in a supportive environment, get feedback from senior members of the Web engineering community, improve their communication skills, exchange ideas, and build relationships with other international Web engineering PhD students.
This event will bring together PhD students working on topics related to the Web Engineering field. The goal is to provide a forum for PhD students to present ongoing research in a collaborative environment and share ideas with other young researchers in an international atmosphere.
Selected contributions will be presented in a dedicated conference session where participants will discuss their research ideas and results, and receive constructive feedback from an audience consisting of their peers as well as more senior experts in the field. In addition to that, students will be invited to participate at the poster sessions so that they also receive comments of other participants in the conference.
PhD students carrying out research in Web Engineering are invited to submit a paper to the PhD Symposium, to be reviewed by the program committee members. We particularly encourage submissions from students who are at the last stages of their doctoral work, but with sufficient time prior to completing their dissertation, and from those who are in the beginning stages, but have a specific research proposal, who can obtain valuable feedback about their research plans.
The criteria used for accepting a paper include potential quality of the research, contribution of the work to the field of Web Engineering, originality of the work, and overall quality of paper.
All PhD Symposium papers will appear in the main conference proceedings that will be published in Springer LNCS.
* Paper submission: March 7, 2019 (23h59 Hawaii Time)
* Paper notification: March 16, 2019 (23h59 Hawaii Time)
* Camera-ready paper: March 20, 2019 (23h59 Hawaii Time)
Length: Submissions must not be longer than 6 (six) pages.
Format: Submissions should be formatted according to the Springer LNCS guidelines (http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html) and must include:
* author’s name;
* a 150 words abstract;
* the name of the student’s PhD supervisor(s);
* the problem(s) that the proposed research is going to solve and the motivation for solving them;
* related work: current approaches to solve this problem;
* the aims and objectives of the proposed research;
* the research methodology to be used to achieve the research goals, including a brief description of the work done to date and a tentative plan for future work;
* the main contribution(s) of the research to Web Engineering.
Submission: Authors should submit their contributions to the ICWE 2019 PhD Symposium submission site at EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icwe2019
PHD SYMPOSIUM CHAIRS
- Abhishek Srivastava, IIT Indore, India
- Cesare Pautasso, University of Lugano, Switzerland
- Marco Winckler, Universite Nice Sophia Antipolis, France
PHD SYMPOSIUM PROGRAM COMMITTEE
- Tanveer Ahmed, Bennett University, India
- Marco Brambilla, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Florian Daniel, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Tommaso Di Noia, Politecnico di Bari, Italy
- Swapna Gokhale, University of Connecticut, USA
- Geert-Jan Houben, TU Delft, The Netherlands
- Ralf Klamma, Aachen University, Germany
- Lionel Medini, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France
- Tommi Mikkonnen, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Pankesh Patel, Center for Experimental Software Engineering, Fraunhofer, USA
- Gustavo Rossi, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina
- Eleni Stroulia, University of Alberta, Canada
- Manuel Wimmer, Vienna University of Technology, Austria